At Bailey our experience has taught us that great things happen when people work together. We are always on the lookout for people who have a passion for customer service and a real interest in our industry. We know that when these two things combine with the great clients we work with then the results are stunning building projects. We simply believe that we are STRONGER TOGETHER!
Project and Training Manager
Position Purpose Statement
To work as an integral part of the team managing projects checking the installation and technical information needed with technical site support and training to Approved Contractor ensuring quality work is always undertaken.
- Provide initial specification stage site surveys and photographical reports and specifications based on findings. Reports on survey findings to be issued back to all relevant parties in timely manner. Close collaboration with key suppliers such as tapered insulation / rooflight manufacturers to provide customers with an efficient relay of information.
- Project manage the won projects providing technical back up to the contractor/surveyors providing the information they require and provide ongoing site progress surveys and reports especially at critical stages such as vapour barrier installation etc. and to provide positive criticism / guidance to the installing contractors ensuring that the systems are being installed in line with the current Building Regulations & appropriate Codes of Practice.
- Develop a grading system to closely monitor the list of Approved Installers to ensure the quality and calibre of the Approved Installers’ work is maintained at, or above, our required level.
- Manage & police Approved Installers. Any not putting out work to the correct standard will be advised by Site Support Technician of impending disqualification, should the correct standards not be met, and working with the Sales Team to arrange meetings with such Contractors to avoid this.
- Become an integral member of the Research & Development team reporting back with the needs and challenges of the market / customers and attending internal meetings to come up with designs and concepts of products / services to meet these needs.
- Design and implement a training plan that we can put to the market in view of training apprentices and Installers in the application of new / existing products we offer.
- Demonstrate material application to new clients and contractors, with the salesperson, keeping them up to speed with our new products.
- Work closely with the technical team to keep up to date with the Current Building Regulations and Codes of Practice.
Skills and Experience
- Installation experience and a confident, in-depth knowledge of the application of Liquid, RBM & Single Ply membranes and a good knowledge of flat roofing in general.
- Acquaintance with the British Standards, Codes of Practice and Approved Documents for flat roofing and knowledge of dangers / hazards that can occur.
- Knowledge of the NFRC’s Safe2Torch campaign and relevant guidance.
- Proactive and self-motivating
- Management skills
- Team player
To apply for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Get in touch touch to learn moreAsk Bailey